Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Meet General Manager Tracey Welsh


@RedMountainSpa

Hometown: Dubuque, Iowa

Current town: Santa Clara, Utah

Age: 48

Birthday: August 2 - Yes, I am a Leo

Favorite color: Red

Favorite sport to watch: It's a toss up between baseball and swimming. Baseball is a necessity to share with my husband, and I'm one of the few people who loves to watch distance swimming.

Favorite fitness activity: Swimming tied with hiking. I also enjoy stretch and dance classes.

How long at Red Mountain: 9 years

Favorite spa treatment: Desert Rain Massage

Favorite fitness class offered at RM: Stretch class - I also love any water fitness class.

Family info? Married? Kids? Pets? Married to Tim over 25 years with one daughter, Reagan, and two four-legged kids, Joey and Dali.

Favorite thing about working at RM: Two days are never the same, and the scenery is outstanding. I have the privilege of working with a diverse group of experts, and it's wonderful to mix hospitality with wellness and impact a guest life in a powerful way. Each day, I learn something to improve my own health and I realize how fortunate I am to be here.

If you weren’t in Southern Utah, where would you live? I have dreams of a rolling mid-western farm someday where my border collies will herd sheep…but I'll have to leave when it snows. Southern Utah is truly home now.

Favorite vacation spot: I have great memories of Sanibel, Florida. It was a really stressful time in my life, and I got to spend a few days on my own before my family joined me. The solitude and reflection was very self healing, and then I was ready to enjoy my family. We spent hours walking the beach and playing in the ocean. I also love Zion National Park as it brings out the "earth scientist wanna be" in me. Finally, I enjoy visiting my hometown. I lived each summer on the Mississippi River as I grew up, and there are great memories when I go back during boating season.

Best RM memory: My first hike in Snow Canyon. Absolutely life changing. I don't think that I stopped talking the whole time because I was simply amazed at the beauty and the sunshine.

Favorite food: My absolute favorite meal comfort food is tomato soup and grilled cheese. My "feel good" food is chicken because I feel best when I eat protein and avoid white flour and sugar. I also love cheese...any kind...must be my Swiss cheesemaker ancestry.

Favorite indulgence: I love bath time with a book, or cuddling under a blanket in the sun when it's a bit brisk outside. I also find crocheting very comforting....seems pretty old fashioned, but I like to think I'm being creative and producing something at the same time. My nieces and nephews get hats and scarves each year, and I send hats and scarves to the local homeless shelter.

Where did you go to college? Loras College, Iowa

When you aren’t at work, what do you do for fun? Tim and I now RV and try to spend as much time in the National Parks as we can. Dali and Joey are great travelers and keep us walking and active so we are always looking for pet friendly spots to go. I also enjoy golf, and I find shopping with my daughter a great hobby.

Is there one thing at RM that you haven’t done that you want to? I would love to do the Eat Well, Feel Well School of Cuisine. I truly need Chef Dale to teach me how to cook.

Favorite book or movie that is related to health, wellness or fitness: I love the movie "Warm Springs" about Franklin D. Roosevelt and his quest for healing after being struck with polio. The movie is about his trip to a run down health facility in Georgia to take in the healing mineral waters. However, it's not simply the waters, but the team of people who are dedicated to the guests that help with the healing.

Favorite quote: I have many…anything by Abraham Lincoln. Here's one: “And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.” And from Mahatma Ganhdi, “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”

No comments:

Post a Comment