2 Portabello Mushrooms, stemmed
1/4 C Firm Tofu
1 T Sesame Oil
1 t Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
1 t Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 t Minced Ginger Root
pinch Crushed Red Pepper
Sesame Oil, enough to coat pan
1 T Minced Ginger Root
1 t Minced Garlic
1 T Broccoli Florets
1 T Sliced Water Chestnuts
4 ears Baby Corn
1 T Bamboo Shoots
1 T Red Bell Pepper, sliced or julienned
1 t Carrot, julienned
to taste Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
2 T Bean Sprouts
Directions for Marinating the Portabellos & Tofu
- Combine sesame oil, soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, fresh ginger and crushed red pepper to make a marinade for portabellos and tofu.
- Marinate mushrooms and tofu separately for about 15 minutes, then drain excess marinade.
Stir-Frying & Seasoning the Vegetables:
- Pre-heat wok or sauté pan; add enough sesame oil to coat.
- When oil begins to smoke, sauté fresh ginger until it begins to brown; add garlic and continue to sauté until garlic just begins to brown.
- Add all veggies (except for bean sprouts) and sauté until broccoli begins to soften, then add tofu and mushrooms.
- Season with lite soy sauce or Bragg's Liquid Aminos. (If you want more ginger flavor, the taste can be adjusted by adding more sautéed fresh ginger or ground dry ginger).
- Add bean sprouts just before removing from heat so they stay nice and crisp.
- Plate and serve.