"We continuously strive to create conceptual and unique programs to elevate our guests both physically and spiritually,” says General Manager Tracey Welsh. "We urge guests to take chances and try new activities they would normally shy away from. By doing this, we guarantee they’ll discover a newfound passion and want to come back for more."
Guests can select from the resort’s hot, new activities this summer including:
- Rappelling ($119 per person): Nothing beats the adrenaline rush taking those first few steps backward off a cliff! In this thrilling three hour adventure, guests can "take the plunge," as they descend the edge of the 150-foot Cougar Cliff. An expert Zion Rock & Mountain Guide leads the way on this exciting excursion.
- Touch of the Spirit Clay: Anasazi Pottery Group Workshop ($100 per person): In this exclusive workshop, participants craft their own pottery utilizing ancient Anasazi techniques and tools. In addition to shaping pottery by hand, participants use native southwestern plant brushes and paints made from natural ground minerals and vegetation from the surrounding area to decorate their pottery. The workshop is available on Saturdays from 3 p.m. - 5 p.m. during the summer season.
- Walk the Medicine Wheel Add-On ($650 per person): During this four night program, participants learn the sacred practices of shamanic healing and medicine wheel teachings. The program, led by shaman spirit guide Betina Lindsey, invokes the traditions of ancient healers and gives participants the chance to connect with their natural surroundings and spiritual practice.
- Zion Narrows Hike ($199 per person): A perfect summer adventure for those hoping to cool down and experience the breathtaking views of red rock country as they venture through Zion National Park. This eight hour adventure runs along the park's Virgin River amid stunning 1,000 foot canyon walls. Participants can cool off in the shade of the canyon walls as they wade through the river or pack on the heat as they hike along exposed sandbars. A boxed lunch, use of hiking poles and water shoes are included.
In addition to new activities, Red Mountain offers guests the unique opportunity to personalize their activities with Custom Adventure trips led by experienced guides. The price for the Custom Adventure is $45 per hour per person. Whether it’s brushing up on mountain biking skills or exploring a new territory, guides offer everything from personalized hikes to trail runs to archaeological adventures.
All activities including the Custom Adventure can be added on to the resort’s popular Signature Package which starts at $230 per person per night, based on double occupancy and includes:
- Daily Guided Morning Hikes
- Three Delicious & Nutritious Meals Daily
- Deluxe Accommodations
- Unlimited Fitness Classes
- Healthy Life Classes & Events at the Wellness Center
- Personal Discovery Activities
- Eat Well, Feel Well Cooking Demonstrations
- Complimentary In-Room High-Speed Internet
- Use of Resort Amenities including Indoor and Seasonal Outdoor Pools, Bicycles, Walking Trails, Strength & Cardio Studios
Guests can begin planning their summer adventure today, as Red Mountain is easily accessible from Las Vegas' McCarran International Airport. In addition, the newly opened St. George Airport offers intrastate jet service between St. George and Salt Lake International Airport as well as daily flights via United Express Los Angeles.
Nestled in the high desert red rock bluffs of Southwestern Utah, Red Mountain Resort is a one-of-a-kind active destination retreat, inspiring guests to pursue health, balance and joy. With one of the country’s most breathtaking natural settings as its backdrop, the resort features a comprehensive selection of fitness programs, outdoor and hiking adventures, nutritious cuisine and personal discovery services. Highlights include the year-round outdoor recreation programs at nearby Zion National Park, unlimited on-property fitness classes, and seminars hosted by some of the leading minds in health and wellness. Red Mountain Resort also features the Sagestone Spa & Salon, named one of the top spas by Condé Nast Traveler, Fodor’s, Allure Magazine, Forbes.com and USA Today. The new St. George Municipal Airport, opened in January 2011, allows visitors an easy commute, while Las Vegas is a mere two hour drive from resort property. Red Mountain is located at 1275 E. Red Mountain Circle, St George, Utah 84738. For reservations call 435.673.4905, toll-free at 877.246.HIKE, or visit RedMountainResort.com.
Media can also visit www.louhammond.com for latest press releases and images. Follow on Twitter at www.twitter.com/LouHammondPR or visit the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/louhammondpr.